Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Rock & Roll and The Gospel


"Sinner's Creed" by Scott Stapp


WOW!  I could not put this book down!  I am not a big reader of biography or memoir, but this one kept my attention.  Scott Stapp, lead singer of the rock band Creed, has a tough story to tell and an amazing testimony to share.  After reading the book, I went to Amazon to look up some of the songs.  I am hooked!  I have never been big into hard rock and roll, but do enjoy some bands' songs.  Scott has two solo albums out that are "Christian rock" and I may be purchasing those!!  I will be praying that God continues to use Scott to spread the Gospel through rock and roll.

"Without discipline we become too scattered to understand God's will. We have to discipline ourselves to read God's Word and learn to listen to Him." - Steve Stapp (Scott's father)

"Without humbly surrendering to God, there could be no spiritual progress.  And because I was a perfectionist, raised in an extreme environment that demanded perfection but expected failure, I had to accept another basic principle - that my recovery was a matter of progress, not perfection." - Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment