Tuesday, August 26, 2014

More book reviews




"Life Support" by Candace Clavert

This was a good read.  Easy to read and want to finish.  Pretty predictable outcome.  I had a hard time with the main character and her overprotectiveness toward the sister.  Got old but turned out good.  Another really good Christian romance writer.  Will continue to read her books.  This book is part of a series - Grace Medical - and she has another series called Mercy Hospital.









"When I Fall In Love" by Susan May Warren

Susan has become a favorite of mine.  I am steadily working my way through all of her books.  She reminds me of Karen Kingsbury but I think I like Susan's writing better or at least her characterizations.  People are not so perfect!!  This book is the third in the Christiansen Family series.  Has Hawaii and cooking in it - plus two weddings, and of course hockey!!  I couldn't put it down.






"Echoes of an Angel" by Aquanetta Gordon

Wonderful story, not crazy about the writing.  I had a hard time reading this because of the "flow."  It felt like the author (the mother) wanted to share her son's story but had to share a lot of her own story.  Yet there was a feeling that she didn't want to share it all.  Some things felt off to me.  I had a hard time continuing the book but I appreciated learning more about the little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment