Friday, March 28, 2014

Alright, ready for some more book reading ideas??  I have kept track of the books I have been reading and will post some of my favs.

1. Flame of Resistance by Tracy Groot

Historical fiction with romance!  Set during WWII in France during Nazi occupation, Brigette Durand turns her home into a brothel to survive.  She is determined to help the Resistance.  An American fighter pilot is shot down and because he looks German, the Resistance uses him to infiltrate Brigette's German-only brothel.  Will they be caught?  Must read to find out!


2.   The Faithful One by Michelle Chynoweth

This book is a modern-day take on the book of Job from the Bible.  I had a hard time putting this one down.  God is always good and trust-worthy.



3.  Love isn't Suppose to Hurt by Christi Paul

This is her true story of abuse by the hands of her first husband.  I do not usually like to read autobiographies but got this one free.  It was okay.  Some of the events didn't seem to flow - she skipped around a lot.  I am so happy that she was able to get out of the situation and find someone who truly loves her!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment