Saturday, June 22, 2013

Latest project:  New Sewing Room!!!

My husband and son helped me move all my sewing things to the "bonus" room above the garage.  We had it finished when we built the house but never put carpet in.  We have been using it for storage and so I started cleaning it out and organizing.  I forgot to take some before pictures until today.  

  
I have a very old Sauder cabinet that I removed the doors and painted completely black.  The other cabinet is one my husband's grandpa made me to store craft supplies on.  It is in the process of being painted.  Both of these will go to the end of the room near the window.


Here is my sewing table.  I am hoping to have some work done on it so that the machine will lay even with the top of the table.  You can see patches of the new color I am painting on the walls.  Not for sure about the color yet; that is why there are small areas done.

 

Here is the inspiration for the wall color but I am not sure I got it quite the same.  My color looks too blue on my wall.


http://www.everythingetsy.com/2011/08/dreamy-sewing-tables/
Would love to hear your thoughts and I will keep posting updates as I go along.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it will be a great place to work! I'd love to see it sometime when you get it all done. Paula

    ReplyDelete